University of Michigan – Flint offers an online Master of Arts in Literacy Education degree. Students participate in opportunities to work with children regarding their reading and literacy skills. Including a summer internship experience, students will learn popular practices to support student reading success.
A two-week, summer clinical experience working with children in the Flint community is required. For out-of-area students, a residency option is offered.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Elementary or secondary teacher certification
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Goals statement
- Three letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission