Doctor of Nursing Practice
University of Michigan-Flint
The online DNP degree program from the University of Michigan-Flint prepares students to become highly-skilled nurse practitioners equipped to provide exceptional health care, and to be leaders capable of navigating today’s complex healthcare environment. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to assess and manage both medical and nursing problems in a variety of specialty areas such as:
- Women’s Health
- School Health
- Occupational Health
- Mental Health
- Acute Care
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing (with APRN certification) from a regionally accredited college or university with an overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Current unencumbered license as advanced practice nurse
- College-level Statistics with grade of C or better
- At least one year RN experience is preferred
- This program is taught in a distance-learning (online) format with minimal campus visits required approximately once per year.
If you are an out-of-state student intending to enroll in an online program, please contact the school to verify the status of UM-Flint with your state.
University of Michigan, Flint, was founded in 1956 as Flint College on a commitment to bring a quality Michigan education to Flint and the surrounding area. In 1971, a year after official accreditation, the U-M Board of Regents officially changed the name of the institution to the University of Michigan-Flint.
U-M Flint offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate certificates from the following colleges and schools:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Education & Human Services
- School of Health Professions & Studies
- School of Management
- School of Nursing
Certain degrees and certificates at all levels are available in completely online formats through the department of Extended Learning.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.