University of Michigan, Flint, was founded in 1956 as Flint College on a commitment to bring a quality Michigan education to Flint and the surrounding area. In 1971, a year after official accreditation, the U-M Board of Regents officially changed the name of the institution to the University of Michigan-Flint.
U-M Flint offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate certificates from the following colleges and schools:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- School of Education & Human Services
- School of Health Professions & Studies
- School of Management
- School of Nursing
Certain degrees and certificates at all levels are available in completely online formats through the department of Extended Learning.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission