Master of Science in Nursing
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth - College of Arts & Sciences - Graduate
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program prepares you to be a leader in nursing education and/or in global public health. Select 1 of 2 concentrations and earn your MSN completely online. Courses are asynchronous, which allows you to learn on your schedule.
Both concentrations provide the student with the foundational knowledge of healthcare systems, healthcare policy, nursing research methods, and healthcare informatics. You’ll apply your new knowledge in various practice settings, and a final capstone project prepares you for practice.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Submit a statement of purpose (Minimum of 300 words)
- Submit a resume
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergraduate study.
- Registered Nurses with a bachelor degree in a related field may seek admission through the GAP program. (see below)
- Hold a current license to practice professional nursing in the state where you live.
- Submit 2 letters of reference that document competence, leadership and professional integrity in nursing practice.
Program ineligible for residents of AL, AR, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, NV, NM, MN, NC, TX, WA & WV.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) is the largest college at UMass Dartmouth, offering 21 majors and enrolling nearly half of all undergraduate students. Our five graduate programs are highly competitive because of the individually tailored academic experiences. The School of Education is housed within the college and offers graduate degrees and teacher licensure programs. In addition, CAS offers online undergraduate and graduate degrees.
A UMass Dartmouth degree in the arts and sciences exposes you to new ideas, various cultures, and creative encounters. You’ll develop and hone the critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential for your success in your career and in life. It is our intention to help you learn to integrate theoretical knowledge and practical learning experiences to prepare you for a changing world.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.