University of Massachusetts-Boston - School for Global Inclusion & Social Development - Graduate
Master of Education in Vision Studies / Vision Rehabilitation Therapy
The M.Ed. Vision Studies (Vision Rehabilitation Therapy) is an excellent option for those who want to work in a professional setting assisting adult populations who are visually impaired. The curriculum is aimed to integrate compensatory skills and assistive technology enabling them to live safe, productive, and independent lives.
- Communication Systems (Braille, handwriting, recording skills, use of electronic reading systems, use of assistive technology and computer access technology, etc.).
- Personal Management (grooming, hygiene, clothing organization, medical measurement, socialization skills, etc.)
- Home Management (organization and labeling, repair and home maintenance, budgeting and record keeping, etc.)
- Activities of Daily Living (cooking, cleaning, shopping, safety, money organization and management, etc.)
- Leisure and Recreation (hobbies, woodworking, crafts, sports, etc.)
- Psychosocial Aspects of Blindness and Vision Loss
- Medical Management (assessment and instruction and training of adaptive medical equipment)
- Basic Orientation and Mobility Skills (sighted guide, safety techniques, etc.)
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$490.00
Out of State Rate:$490.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$18,130.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$18,130.00
Required Admission Tests:GRE,MAT
International Students Accepted:Yes
Three letters of recommendation. Essay. Resume. Interview. A bachelor degree is required.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is currently not accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states. Please contact your state's Board of Education for details.
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.