Master in Applied Linguistics
University of Massachusetts-Boston - College of Liberal Arts - Graduate
This program includes concentrations in bilingual education, ESL instruction for English language learners (ELLs), and foreign language pedagogy, which includes English as a Foreign Language. The Program emphasizes both theory and practice. These areas of inquiry are reflected in faculty and student research and the intellectual diversity characterizing the content of the various courses that students will be taking.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Interview. Statement of Interest or Intent. Three letters of recommendations. Resume. A bachelor degree is required.
The University of Massachusetts Boston is currently not accepting students for online study who reside in Alabama, Arkansas, Maryland, or Minnesota, due to regulations in those states. Please contact your state's Board of Education for details.
The College of Liberal Arts at the University of Massachusetts Boston offers students the opportunity to study a variety of fields in the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Fine Arts—from English to Economics, Africana Studies to Women’s Studies, Performing Arts to Psychology—as well as in interdisciplinary programs such as Asian Studies that span two or more fields of study. A liberal arts education will help:
- Develop the skills essential for a career or for graduate study
- Critical and creative thinking
- Written and oral communication
- Inquiry and analysis
- Intercultural knowledge and competence
- Skills for lifelong learning and
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly
Faculty in the College of Liberal Arts:
- Are strongly committed to teaching and to their students’ learning
- Mentor students in Honors work, independent study projects, and internships
- Do research at the cutting edge of their disciplines
- Participate in fifteen university research centers and institutes that bring research and creative achievements to the local community and global audiences.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.