The RN to BS Online and On-site Track meets the needs of registered nurses with other life responsibilities through a curriculum that combines web-based instruction with student-tailored practice. Designed for students with clearly defined career goals, it calls for substantial autonomy in meeting established objectives.
Program faculty helps students explore new areas of practice and lay the foundation for a problem solving approach to nursing practice and research. Students must successfully complete 120 credits to earn their University of Massachusetts Amherst Bachelor of Science degree. Of these credits:
- 60 non-nursing credits must be completed before beginning the RN to BS Nursing Track
- 30 additional nursing credits may be awarded for RN licensure
- 30 credits are earned in the online or onsite nursing program
This bachelor completion program requires 120 credits for completion, including transfer and major requirements.
- Program curriculum: 30 credits
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Current RN licensure (new graduates must obtain prior to starting their 2nd semester in the program)
- Completion of all 60 non-nursing credits, including a grade of C or better in all seven nursing prerequisites (Nutrition, HumanAnatomy, Human Physiology, Medical Microbiology, Abnormal Psychology, Life Span Growth and Development, Statistics)
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education