Master of Arts in Teaching
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) offers the online Master of Arts in Teaching. Students will learn the latest teaching strategies and gain the experience needed to enter the field of secondary education with confidence. Develop skills in teaching diverse student bodies, integrating technology into the classroom, and responding to varying learning styles in a wide range of secondary school environments.
This program is designed for students with a bachelor's degree who want to earn Maryland teaching certification in secondary education in subject areas including earth/space science, physics, English, mathematics, history, social studies, chemistry, biology, computer science, Spanish, French, German, or Mandarin Chinese.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$458.00
Out of State Rate:$659.00
Additional Fees :$150.00
Fees Overview :
- Subscription to Tk20 HigherEd: $100
- Diploma Fee: $50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$13,890.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$19,920.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Military:$13,890.00
Required Admission Tests:Other
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Completed a major in the content area for which certification will be sought
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in content area coursework
- Official transcript analysis of previous coursework
- Earned a qualifying composite score on the Praxis CORE Assessment test, or alternatively a qualifying composite score on the Praxis I, SAT, ACT, or GRE
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Special conditions apply for residents of the following states: AL, KY, NC, WA.
- All courses are available online; however, each course will require one or more on-site components.
- Students should research the certification requirements in the state in which they seek to teach.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.