University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) offers the online MS in Health Informatics Administration. This degree is designed for both experienced healthcare professionals and information technology professionals but is accessible to those seeking to change career paths. It is taught by industry leaders to help you develop the expertise to oversee the complex coordination of an organization's health informatics and information management needs. This program can help equip you with the relevant practical knowledge, professional skills, and competencies to become a key player in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
Coursework topics include the following:
- foundations of information security and assurance
- information management for project management
- research methods for healthcare managers
- information technology foundations
- Official transcript indicating completion of a bachelor’s (or higher) degree from a regionally accredited degree-granting university or college.
- Recommendation: prior professional or educational experience in health informatics and information management.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education