University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) offers the online Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology. This degree allows successful graduates to work in finding solutions for epidemics and other vital issues within the agricultural, pharmaceutical, and biomedical fields. The degree combines laboratory skills and applied coursework, with a biotechnology internship experience and upper-level study.
This degree is also offered as a Bachelor of Technical and Professional Studies.
Career opportunities with this degree include the following fields:
- Biomedical research industries and organizations
- Laboratory technology
- Chemical technology
- Assay analysis
- Quality control
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 120 credits are required, including transfer credits.
- Requires an on-site component
- Must complete lower-level coursework at an approved community college or other institution
- Prior technical and scientific knowledge of biotechnology through transferred credit and direct experience in the field
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education