University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
On February 1, 1845, a charter was granted by the 9th Congress of the Republic of Texas for a long awaited Baptist university. In 1851, a Female Department and a Male Department were created, ending co-education. In 1886, due to changing transportation and economics in the area, it was deemed necessary to move both schools. The Male Department consolidated with Waco University in Waco, Texas, retaining the name Baylor University. The Female Department, called Baylor Female College, moved to Belton, Texas. Since the move to Belton, the school has undergone several name changes including: 1925, Baylor College for Women; 1934, Mary Hardin-Baylor College (named in honor of a benefactor); and 1978, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. In 1971, the oldest college for women west of the Mississippi became co-educational.
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in academic and professional subjects from the following schools and colleges:
- McLane College of Business
- College of Christian Studies
- College of Education
- College of Humanities and Sciences
- Scott and White College of Nursing
- College of Visual & Performing Arts
- Graduate School
Location: 900 College St,Belton, TX 76513-2599
Religious Affiliation: Baptist
Sector & Type: Private, Not-for-profit
- Credit for Training
- Dedicated POC
- Member of SOC
- Recognized SVO
- Yellow Ribbon
Highest Offering: Doctorate
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This school has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.