The online Master of Science in Civil Engineering program prepares students for challenges, both current and future, in civil engineering. The curriculum connects structural engineering with the disciplines of geotechnical, hydrosystems, and environmental engineering. Students will also connect structural engineering with geosensing and geoinformatics and mechanical and subsea engineering. The focus is on the civil engineering practice as it pertains to industry.
- A B.S.C.E. degree, or the equivalent, from an ABET accredited (or similar) program. Students with degrees in fields related to Civil Engineering may be admitted with certain prerequisite courses specified
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on the last 60 hours attempted
- Satisfactory scores on the Quantitative and Verbal tests of the GRE
- A score of at least 550 on the paper-based and 79 on the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a score of a 6.5 on the IELTS, for international students without U.S. degrees
- Conditional admission may be granted to domestic applicants if the applicant meets a minimum GPA of 2.7 and an acceptable GRE score
One on campus visit is required for an initial orientation and exams.
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges