Master of Public Administration
University of Delaware
Today's public service professionals need to meet evolving challenges with effective leadership and managerial skills. The School of Public Policy & Administration's online Master of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Delaware helps you strengthen your knowledge and skills in these areas using applied research and case studies. Learn from an interdisciplinary faculty of experienced practitioners to build the strategies necessary to help shape policy and implement effective solutions in government, nonprofit and private sectors.
This flexible online program is founded on a model of integrating theory and practice into applicable solutions. It will challenge you to examine case studies and apply best practices to enhance your foundation in public service management strategy and prepare for leadership roles.
In this 36-credit (30 month) program you will:
- Explore the latest research on emergent needs in public service
- Gain the knowledge and management skills to lead organizations through today's most pressing challenges
- Study curriculum developed by a faculty of practitioners in the field
This program prepares you with the management competencies and acumen that are essential for accountable and effective leadership in public service.
Fully accredited by NASPAA, the global standard in public service education.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all colleges and universities previously attended documenting all undergraduate and graduate level work completed. Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (on 4-point scale).
- A current résumé.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. UD's institution code is 5811. No department code is necessary. GRE not required for applicant with at least three years relevant professional-level work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one from a supervisor familiar with the applicant’s professional competencies. If less than three years work experience, an academic recommendation is required.
- Personal Statement. Please follow the submission instructions in the Graduate Admission Application.
- The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required of all foreign applicants. A minimum score of 105 (TOEFL iBT) is required for admission consideration.
The University of Delaware is driven by research and innovation.
Founded in 1743, the land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university challenges students through research-intensive and technologically advanced degree programs. A faculty of active practitioners, who are highly respected in their fields of expertise, engage both on-campus and online learners.
The University upholds a long-standing history of honors and recognition, some of which include:
- The Carnegie classification for research
- Distinguished alumni including elected officials, inventors, leaders in industry and service agencies, and signers of both the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution
Online degrees offer an ideal solution for professional and adult students; affording them much desired flexibility while advancing critical skills needed for today’s competitive job market. Distance education programs extend from associate's to graduate degrees.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.