Master of Education in Teacher Leadership
University of Delaware
The University of Delaware's online Master of Education in Teacher Leadership will prepare you to rise to the challenges of new teaching standards, policies and technologies, foster collaboration within schools and communities, and help facilitate institutional change. The program is designed for teachers who would like to assume additional leadership roles within their schools and districts such as department chair, curriculum coordinator, teacher mentor, instructional coach, and community liaison.
This flexible, 100% online program is aligned with the National Teacher Leadership Standards, and the objectives of state teacher leader initiatives around the country. It is delivered by an experienced faculty of career educators determined to introduce practical solutions for your classroom, school, and district.
The confidence in myself and in the knowledge I have gained through these courses have allowed me to take on two new roles. The first role is the lead teacher on the special education committee. The second role I have been given by the administration is grade level facilitator. – Chelsey Merkel, M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership Graduate
In this 30-credit, 24 month program you will learn to:
- Coach and mentor your peers
- Analyze data to better identify your students' needs and intervention methods
- Develop standards-aligned instruction
- Learn about diverse schools to provide culturally relevant professional development
- Foster teacher collaboration through technology
- Prepare to take on a teacher-leader role that will extend your sphere of influence beyond the walls of your classroom.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- Baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Current employment as a teacher
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- A minimum TOEFL score of 100; minimum IELTS of 7.0
The University of Delaware is driven by research and innovation.
Founded in 1743, the land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant university challenges students through research-intensive and technologically advanced degree programs. A faculty of active practitioners, who are highly respected in their fields of expertise, engage both on-campus and online learners.
The University upholds a long-standing history of honors and recognition, some of which include:
- The Carnegie classification for research
- Distinguished alumni including elected officials, inventors, leaders in industry and service agencies, and signers of both the Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution
Online degrees offer an ideal solution for professional and adult students; affording them much desired flexibility while advancing critical skills needed for today’s competitive job market. Distance education programs extend from associate's to graduate degrees.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.