In 1955, the Western Province of the Sisters of Saint Mary of Namur obtained the charter of defunct Holy Trinity College for the purpose of operating a new institution in Dallas that would absorb their junior college in Fort Worth, Our Lady of Victory. Bishop Gorman announced that the university would be a four-year institution welcoming students of all faiths and races with graduate work to be added. The university opened its doors to 96 degree-seeking students in 1956 on a 1,000-acre tract of rolling hills northwest of the city of Dallas and now part of Irving/Las Colinas.
The University of Dallas offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees from the following schools and colleges:
- Constantin College of Liberal Arts
- Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business
- Braniff Graduate School of Liberal Arts
- Ann & Joe O. Neuhoff School of Ministry