Prepare to provide comprehensive, patient-focused care to individuals across the lifespan with UConn’s online Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program. FNPs can deliver preventative healthcare services for both acute and chronic conditions from infants to the elderly.
Students learn the skills necessary to perform routine checkups, oversee health risk assessments, and offer counseling services. This online nurse practitioner degree can lead to employment in primary care practices such as women’s health, family practice, pediatric, and internal medicine. Graduates are eligible to apply for the FNP Primary Care certification examination.
Courses examine topics related to:
- Advanced pathophysiology across the lifespan
- Advanced pharmacodynamics and implications for nursing actions
- Health promotion, prevention, and common health problems
- Common and comorbid health problems in primary care practice
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must be an RN and have completed a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution