Post Master’s Certificate in Nurse Practitioner
University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
The Post Master’s Certificate in Nurse Practitioner will prepare students for expanded clinical roles in adult and gerontological health, or family health. Upon completion of this program, the graduate will participate in lifelong learning to promote excellence and to design innovative models of nursing practice.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree requires completion of 25-34 credits at the graduate level.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for all previous course work
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé
- Completion of an accredited Master's degree in nursing program
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse License from the state where you practice during practicum rotations
- Passing score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if your native language is not English
Due to individual state regulations, this program is only available for residents of: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.
The history of the University of Colorado dates back to the earliest days of Colorado and precedes the creation of the state. At its first session in 1861, the Colorado territorial legislature passed an act providing for the creation of a university in Boulder. When Colorado became the 38th state in the Union in 1876, the university was declared an institution of the state. By the mid-1960s, community leaders pressed for a full-fledged University of Colorado presence in Colorado Springs, and an extension opened in 1965.
UC Colorado Springs offers a full range of degrees from the bachelor's to the doctoral level, as well as certificates, from the following colleges and schools:
- Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing & Health Sciences
- College of Business and Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Applied Science
- The Graduate School
- College of Letters, Arts, and Sciences
- School of Public Affairs
Several undergraduate and graduate degrees are offered completely online through UCCS Connect.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.