Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
The online PhD in Nursing from the University of Central Florida prepares students as research scientists for positions as nursing faculty members, leaders in the application of innovative technologies to nursing education and clinical care, executive leaders in health care systems, and scientists who contribute to the body of nursing knowledge through their research. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Conduct research to generate a body of knowledge and test theories that advance nursing science
- Develop a program of scholarship that integrates research, teaching, leadership, and service to the profession
- Contribute to interdisciplinary solutions that advance health care in a global society
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$327.32
Out of State Rate:$1,151.72
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$19,639.20
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$69,103.20
Required Admission Tests:GRE
International Students Accepted:Yes
- MSN and BSN degree: must be from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent
- RN License: must be a licensed registered nurse in state in which you practice
- Written Essay: no more than 500 words, double spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font and 1-inch margins
- Interview: an interview with faculty
- Research Interests: that match faculty expertise
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
UCF may not provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states due to restrictive state regulations: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico and Tennessee.
Some or all programs may be restricted in the following states: Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, Maryland, and Minnesota.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.