Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing
University of Central Florida
The online PhD in Nursing from the University of Central Florida prepares students as research scientists for positions as nursing faculty members, leaders in the application of innovative technologies to nursing education and clinical care, executive leaders in health care systems, and scientists who contribute to the body of nursing knowledge through their research. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Conduct research to generate a body of knowledge and test theories that advance nursing science
- Develop a program of scholarship that integrates research, teaching, leadership, and service to the profession
- Contribute to interdisciplinary solutions that advance health care in a global society
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- MSN and BSN degree: must be from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent
- RN License: must be a licensed registered nurse in state in which you practice
- Written Essay: no more than 500 words, double spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font and 1-inch margins
- Interview: an interview with faculty
- Research Interests: that match faculty expertise
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation
UCF may not provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states due to restrictive state regulations: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico and Tennessee.
Some or all programs may be restricted in the following states: Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, Maryland, and Minnesota.
The University of Central Florida was established in 1963 and opened in 1968; it continues today as a 4-year, metropolitan public research university in Orlando, Florida. University of Central Florida is a member of the State University System of Florida. It was founded as Florida Technological University and aimed to educate future personnel of the United States space program at the nearby Kennedy Space Center. Ten years after its founding, the institution broadened its academic offerings and changed its name to University of Central Florida.
University of Central Florida offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as professional programs from the following colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- Burnett Honors College
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education and Human Performance
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Graduate Studies
- College of Health and Public Affairs
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Optics and Photonics
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- College of Sciences
- College of Undergraduate Studies
The University of Central Florida offers a variety of online and distance learning opportunities for both the traditional and nontraditional student through UCF Online. Fully online offerings include bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, professional certificates, and 2+2 baccalaureate completion programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.