Doctor of Nursing Practice
University of Central Florida
The online DNP degree program from the University of Central Florida is designed to prepare nurse executives for multiple dimensions of administrative responsibilities within varied healthcare environments. Graduates of this program possess the knowledge and skills required to pursue positions such as:
- Certified Nurse Anesthetist
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Practitioner
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- MSN degree: in an APN specialty role or a post-MSN certificate (NP, CNS, CRNA, CNM) from a regionally accredited institution (Applicants not holding the appropriate MSN degree may enter the DNP program through one of the two tracks: Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner)
- ARNP License: must be a licensed advanced registered nurse practitioner in the State of Florida. (Out-of-state applicants must be eligible for licensure in Florida and must achieve ARNP licensure to begin clinical courses.)
- Certification: APN certification or ability to obtain certification in the first semester of enrollment is required
- Written Essay
- Curriculum Vitae
UCF may not provide online courses or instruction to students in the following states due to restrictive state regulations: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Puerto Rico and Tennessee.
Some or all programs may be restricted in the following states: Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nevada, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Alabama, Maryland, and Minnesota.
The University of Central Florida was established in 1963 and opened in 1968; it continues today as a 4-year, metropolitan public research university in Orlando, Florida. University of Central Florida is a member of the State University System of Florida. It was founded as Florida Technological University and aimed to educate future personnel of the United States space program at the nearby Kennedy Space Center. Ten years after its founding, the institution broadened its academic offerings and changed its name to University of Central Florida.
University of Central Florida offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as professional programs from the following colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- Burnett Honors College
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education and Human Performance
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- College of Graduate Studies
- College of Health and Public Affairs
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Optics and Photonics
- Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- College of Sciences
- College of Undergraduate Studies
The University of Central Florida offers a variety of online and distance learning opportunities for both the traditional and nontraditional student through UCF Online. Fully online offerings include bachelor’s degrees, graduate degrees, professional certificates, and 2+2 baccalaureate completion programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.