Reach the peak of graduate studies in leadership with the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Organizational Development and Leadership from the University of Arizona Global Campus. This doctorate in organizational development will demonstrate your ability to assess organizations by relying on research and evidence. You will also develop your ability to anticipate the impact of strategic initiatives and organizational change. Then you will pursue more advanced courses with research, statistics, and measurement, as you work toward your dissertation. This PhD in organizational development is designed with the working professional in mind, as many of the concepts and theories learned can be practical to your current or future career.
In your PhD in Organizational Development and Leadership, you will create your own development solutions and evaluate them based on human performance technology. You will also evaluate diversity in organizations as a competitive advantage. Your coursework includes discovery and applications in areas such as performance management, organizational change, employee motivation, executive coaching, ethics, and more.
When you graduate with the PhD in Organizational Development and Leadership you will be able to:
- Design research applicable to individuals, teams, and organizations using evidence-based methods and principles of ethical psychological research
- Assess the influence and impact of social, emotional, and cultural dynamics on organizational strategy, innovation, learning, growth, and competitive advantage
- Create evidence-based systems and strategies associated with organizational performance, structure, and development, human performance, behavior and learning, and growth and innovation
- Evaluate concepts, skills, and initiatives that are fundamental to the ethical practice of diverse and multicultural organizations and organizational leaders
- Appraise the complexity of organizational development systems and functions as an effective change agent through implementation of evidence-based interventions and psychological research in complex, multicultural teams and organizations
- Assess the impact of organizational development policies, practices, strategic initiatives, innovation, and change processes in teams and organizations
- Design appropriate organizational learning and development solutions influenced by principles of human performance technology and industrial and organizational psychology
- Apply leadership skills that are appropriate for a variety of complex, multicultural team and organizational settings
The Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Development and Leadership program is not a licensure program.
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
The University of Arizona Global Campus (formerly Ashford University) is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to attend three in-residence weekend workshops.
Arkansas, District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Puerto Rico, New York