Be a helping hand to some of society’s most vulnerable citizens with your doctorate in human services online from the University of Arizona Global Campus. You will explore all facets of the human services field while developing the leadership skills to guide human services organizations.
This PhD program also requires you to focus your studies by selecting a specialization that aligns with your career and research interests. When pursuing your PhD in human services from the University of Arizona Global Campus, you will join students who have diverse interests and a shared passion for helping others and empowering their communities.
Your Doctor of Philosophy in Human Services explores the history, systems, theories, strategies, and policies of the human services field. You will also develop your research and scholarship skills as you work toward the preparation of your doctoral dissertation. This doctorate degree in human services is designed to not only advance your knowledge as a human services professional but also to prepare you for the requirements associated with your specialization of choice.
When you graduate with the PhD in Human Services, Standard Program of Study, you will be able to:
- Design research related to human services theories and systems
- Critique incorporation of social justice matters in human services organizations
- Assess human services performance structures, capacity building, and talent development implementation strategies
- Evaluate concepts, skills, and policies and initiatives that are fundamental to ethical and legal practice in the human services settings
- Formulate strategies to navigate the complexities of human services systems based on best practices
- Advocate for specific strategies, standards, policies, practices, and service delivery methods using multiple communication methods
The Doctor of Philosophy in Human Services program is not a licensure program.
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
The University of Arizona Global Campus (formerly Ashford University) is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to attend three in-residence weekend workshops.
Arkansas, District of Columbia, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Puerto Rico, New York