Declare independence with your Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government from the University of Arizona Global Campus. This degree demonstrates your understanding of political relationships and how our complex institutions work. Your bachelor of arts in political science provides a broad curriculum which covers a vast array of issues and problems that are crucial to the future of our nation and the world.
The Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government provides a systematic study that focuses on political behavior, power and authority, and conflict resolution. Your political science courses include subjects like political behavior, power and authority, policy development, international relations, and conflict resolution, and conclude with a research-focused capstone course.
Upon completion of your Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government degree program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ways in which power and authority are embedded in the structures and workings of the government and politics
- Analyze political issues and develop methods to resolve them through effective and creative communication
- Develop the ability to undertake in-depth analyses of political behavior as it applies to various political theories in democracy and representation
- Assess critically the causes and implications of conflict, compromise, and cooperation at the local, national, transnational, and global levels
- Evaluate public policy as it relates to political behavior, rights, and justice
Successful completion of this program by itself does not lead to licensure or certification in any state, regardless of concentration or specialization.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
The University of Arizona Global Campus (formerly Ashford University) is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Arkansas, District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Puerto Rico, New York