Considering a degree in journalism? Explore this exciting area, and document the world’s events, as media evolves from the printed page to the internet when you earn your Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication degree online from the University of Arizona Global Campus. With this bachelor’s degree, you can learn the rights and responsibilities of news media professionals in a changing social and political landscape.
With the advancement of electronic media has come increasing demand for responsible journalists – professionals with the skills and knowledge to use new media and to broadcast timely information to the public. During your online bachelor’s degree, you will create portfolio pieces throughout your program that may be assembled into an electronic portfolio to showcase your professional journalistic skills. Upon completion of your BA in journalism, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rights, roles, and responsibilities of news media professionals
- Apply the principles of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press in a domestic and global society
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultures and groups in a domestic and global society in relation to mediated communications
- Apply ethical principles in the pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness, and diversity
- Demonstrate the ability to develop accurate, timely, and impactful mediated messages while applying the appropriate theories and concepts in the presentation of information and images
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct research, apply basic numerical and statistical concepts, evaluate information using the appropriate methods, and write clearly in the forms and styles appropriate for the profession
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, creatively, and independently in the development of news, and in the evaluation of their own work, and the work of others
Successful completion of this program by itself does not lead to licensure or certification in any state, regardless of concentration or specialization.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
The University of Arizona Global Campus (formerly Ashford University) is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Arkansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota