Be an advocate for children while having an impact on their future development. When earning your child development degree you will have the opportunity to focus on the biological and psychological progression of children, from their infancy stages through their adolescent years. With an increasing focus on the factors that impact the development of children, the study of child development continues to be an area of focus for many organizations. With your Bachelor of Arts in Child Development from the University of Arizona Global Campus, you will study the stages of development from infancy through adolescence and the ways that family, culture, peers, and schools influence the growth of children. Online child development degrees can offer convenient options for professionals.
The Bachelor of Arts in Child Development demonstrates your competence and ability in working with children. You will discover how family structure and culture influence communication in a child's environment. And you will learn to apply your knowledge as an advocate for children and their families. Upon completion of your child development degree, you will be able to:
- Utilize knowledge of child development to construct and evaluate curriculum that effectively addresses the stages of development including cognitive, language, physical and affective development of young children
- Analyze the influence and impact of families and communities on a child’s learning and development
- Describe how family structure and cultural backgrounds influence communication processes in a child’s environment
- Evaluate the critical role of play in children’s learning and development
- Apply their knowledge as an advocate for children, families, childcare and education
An online degree from the University of Arizona Global Campus does not lead to immediate teacher licensure in any state.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
University of Arizona Global Campus is accredited by:
WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
The University of Arizona Global Campus (formerly Ashford University) is accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402, Alameda, CA 94501.
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Arkansas, District of Columbia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Puerto Rico, New York