Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
University of Alabama in Huntsville
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from the University of Alabama in Huntsville is designed to give students the foundational tools required to improve quality and safety in patient care and create real change in healthcare. Graduates of the program are prepared to:
- Translate research and use evidence-based practice to promote quality healthcare across diverse, vulnerable populations and cultures
- Understand healthcare policy, care delivery models, and organizational systems for current and future healthcare needs within clinical settings
- Display proficiency in the use of patient care technologies, healthcare information systems, and communication devices to support safe and competent nursing practice
- Apply nursing leadership concepts through experiential settings
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 126 credits, including transfer credits.
- Online program: 26 credits
- Minimum grade of "C" on all required prerequisite coursework
- Completion of all lower division general studies (prerequisite) course requirements; minimum of 59-60 hours of credit
- An associate degree or diploma program in nursing
- Status of good academic standing
- RN licensure
A one-day on campus orientation is required.
In November 1949, Huntsville's leaders learned that their lengthy campaign to open an extension center in the city had been approved by the University of Alabama. Three months later, in what later became Stone Middle School, the new University of Alabama Huntsville Center began offering ten freshman-level classes. In 1969, with the addition of new facilities, UAH was made an autonomous university by the Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama.
UAH is a comprehensive research university that offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate programs from the following colleges:
- College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Nursing
- College of Professional & Continuing Studies
- College of Science
- Graduate Studies
- Honors College
The department of Online Learning offers programs for online master’s degrees in business, education, engineering, and nursing, as well as online bachelor’s degrees in professional studies and nursing. Courses are offered fully online or in hybrid formats.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.