Master of Science in Nursing / Nursing Administration
University of Alabama in Huntsville
The online MSN / Nursing Administration degree program from the University of Alabama in Huntsville prepares nurses to influence the future of health care through visionary nursing leadership. The curriculum focuses on competencies including communication, financial skills, information technology, leading and managing change, policy analysis, and empowerment for professional practice. Graduates are prepared to assume positions in a variety of care delivery settings, including:
- Specialty Areas
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Graduation from a National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education accredited baccalaureate program with a major in nursing (BSN).
- Satisfactory completion of an elementary statistics course.
- Current unencumbered registered nurse license. If a student is permitted to meet course clinical requirements in a state other than Alabama, the student must be licensed in that state. Students will not be allowed to continue in the track if any license is placed on probation, suspended, or revoked. Licensure must be maintained throughout the program.
- Overall grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in all baccalaureate coursework or on the last 60 semester hours of baccalaureate coursework completed.
- All classes are online except for two two-day experiences (NUR635 and NUR639).
In November 1949, Huntsville's leaders learned that their lengthy campaign to open an extension center in the city had been approved by the University of Alabama. Three months later, in what later became Stone Middle School, the new University of Alabama Huntsville Center began offering ten freshman-level classes. In 1969, with the addition of new facilities, UAH was made an autonomous university by the Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama.
UAH is a comprehensive research university that offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate programs from the following colleges:
- College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Nursing
- College of Professional & Continuing Studies
- College of Science
- Graduate Studies
- Honors College
The department of Online Learning offers programs for online master’s degrees in business, education, engineering, and nursing, as well as online bachelor’s degrees in professional studies and nursing. Courses are offered fully online or in hybrid formats.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.