Doctor of Nursing Practice
University of Alabama in Huntsville
The online DNP degree program from the University of Alabama in Huntsville provides students with competencies in population-based care, leadership, health policy, health system improvement, research, and evidence-based practice. Graduates of the program possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Synthesize scientific evidence for the development of clinical interventions for practice
- Evaluate policy, care delivery, and organizational systems for current and future health care needs
- Demonstrate intra and interprofessional collaboration to address health disparities and to improve health care quality across diverse populations and cultures
- Incorporate knowledge of current and emerging health technologies to improve care delivery and organizational systems
- Translate scientific, theoretical, and ethical principles into health care for individuals, families, and populations
- Assume complex leadership roles to advance clinical practice and health care delivery at the organizational and systems level and to improve health outcomes of individuals and populations
- Advocate for social justice, equity, and ethical policies in health care
- Deliver evidence-based care using clinical reasoning and analysis of complex healthcare issues to improve patient outcomes
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- A MSN degree.
- Documentation of professional liability insurance must be provided to the College of Nursing Office of Graduate Programs prior to enrollment in a nursing class.
- Documentation of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training must be provided to the College of Nursing Office of Graduate Programs prior to enrolling in a nursing class.
- Students must have proof of Health Insurance, recent Physical Exam, current TB testing, and titers or shot records of immunizations.
- Students are required to undergo drug testing and criminal background check prior to enrollment in nursing courses and for cause at other points.
- Students may also be required to have criminal background checks prior to attending selected clinical agencies.
- Documentation of current license to practice as a registered nurse must be provided to the College of Nursing Office of Graduate Programs prior to enrollment in a nursing class. Registered nurse students must submit proof of an unencumbered current license. If a student is permitted to meet course clinical requirements in a state other than Alabama, the student must be licensed in that state.
- One required orientation on campus and annual DNP Intensive in Spring semesters.
In November 1949, Huntsville's leaders learned that their lengthy campaign to open an extension center in the city had been approved by the University of Alabama. Three months later, in what later became Stone Middle School, the new University of Alabama Huntsville Center began offering ten freshman-level classes. In 1969, with the addition of new facilities, UAH was made an autonomous university by the Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama.
UAH is a comprehensive research university that offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate programs from the following colleges:
- College of Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Nursing
- College of Professional & Continuing Studies
- College of Science
- Graduate Studies
- Honors College
The department of Online Learning offers programs for online master’s degrees in business, education, engineering, and nursing, as well as online bachelor’s degrees in professional studies and nursing. Courses are offered fully online or in hybrid formats.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.