Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
University of Akron
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from the University of Akron provides students with the expertise, knowledge, and confidence to take on advanced roles within the health care community. Coursework explores topics such as:
- Health Assessment
- Nursing Care of Healthy Individuals/Families
- Palliative Nursing Care
- Nursing Care of Communities
- Complex Care of Aging Families
- Professional Nursing Leadership
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 128 credits, including transfer credits.
- Nursing curriculum: 32 credits
- A valid state license as a registered nurse
- Undergraduate admission to The University of Akron and School of Nursing
- 2.75 GPA
- No grade less than a “C” in any prerequisite science course
UA is a participant of NC-SARA. For any program that requires field experience or licensure, students should request more information and check with their state of licensure for program approval.
The University of Akron, a four-year, public research university, dates back to 1870 when Buchtel College was first established in Akron, Ohio. Initially, 46 students enrolled. By 1880, the first graduate student was awarded a master’s degree and, in 1926, the college was renamed the University of Akron. In the mid-twentieth century, UA began offering doctoral programs. UA operates multiple campuses and locations.
The University of Akron awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, in addition to a Juris Doctor and certificate programs. Programs are housed in the following colleges and schools:
- College of Applied Science and Technology
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Health Professions
- College of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering
- Graduate School
- Williams Honors College
- Law School
- Wayne College
The University of Akron offers online programs for added convenience. Taught by qualified faculty, students can pursue online bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and certificate programs from the colleges of Health Professions, Business, and Education.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.