The online MSN / Nursing Informatics degree program from Troy University focuses on the nursing informatics specialist's role in the healthcare environment and provides students with the knowledge and skills to generate and distribute information through computer-based applications. Coursework covers topics such as:
- Nursing informatics theory
- Health care information systems
- Concepts of health care informatics
- Informatics applications
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Troy University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, MAT
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Additional Materials May Be Requested
- Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited university and a nationally accredited nursing program.
- This program requires a current unencumbered RN licensure.
- A minimum of one year experience as a registered nurse is required for the Family Nurse Practitioner track.