Master of Science in Nursing / Nursing Informatics
The online MSN / Nursing Informatics degree program from Troy University focuses on the nursing informatics specialist's role in the healthcare environment and provides students with the knowledge and skills to generate and distribute information through computer-based applications. Coursework covers topics such as:
- Nursing informatics theory
- Health care information systems
- Concepts of health care informatics
- Informatics applications
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited university and a nationally accredited nursing program (ACEN, NLNAC, or CCNE). Students with a baccalaureate degree from an unaccredited or otherwise accredited institution should see Unaccredited or Otherwise Accredited Student Admission.
- Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the nursing major.
- Score of 396 or higher on the Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) or score of 290 on Graduate Record Exam (850 on the old exam) (verbal plus quantitative). GRE or MAT required.
- Current unencumbered RN licensure.
- Undergraduate health assessment course or the equivalent.
- Two letters of professional reference.
- Minimum of one year experience as a registered nurse is required for the Family Nurse Practitioner track.
If you are interested in advancing your career opportunities, choose Troy University. Our interactive academic environment encourages the highest academic development of students by providing quality programs, challenging research opportunities, superior teaching, scholarship and public service. We also offer bachelor's and master’s degree courses, both in-class and online, in programs such as business administration, management, public administration, human resource management, criminal justice, international relations, post-secondary education and more. Troy University offers more than just a degree; you get a global learning experience that serves all the dimensions of your life. At TROY, we’ll prepare you to make more than a living. We’ll prepare you to make a life. If you are ready to take the challenge, TROY is ready to help you develop the professional skills and academic competencies needed to achieve your goals. Join our more than 140,000 graduates worldwide who found in TROY, and in themselves, a calling to serve and lead in their communities. That’s the warrior spirit. And it’s alive and well at Troy University.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.