The online DNP terminal degree program from Troy University prepares students to provide the most advanced level of nursing care for individuals, families, and communities. Graduates possess the knowledge and skills required to:
- Evaluate advanced knowledge and theories from nursing and related disciplines for advanced practice nursing at the highest level
- Design quality, cost effective, and innovative nursing care models based on the knowledge of interrelationships among nursing, organizational, political, and economic sciences
- Incorporate systems engineering concepts to prevent and solve complex health care delivery problems
- Translate research to transform nursing practice and support evidence-based nursing practice for diverse patient populations and organizations
- Foster leadership for the advancement of interprofessional collaboration and integration of information technology for quality improvements in patient care and healthcare systems
- Develop effective practice standards for managing ethical issues inherent in patient care, health care organizations, and research
- Initiate changes in health care systems through the design and implementation of health policies that strengthen the health care delivery system
- Evaluate system responses to health and illness as a basis for clinical prevention and population health services in rural and urban settings within a global market
- Demonstrate role competencies in a specialized area of advanced practice nursing as a Doctor of Nursing Practice
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Interview
- A Master of Science in Nursing is required from a nationally-accredited program.
- Applicants must have a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state where clinical practice will occur.
- Applicants must have valid certification in advanced practice nursing from a nationally recognized credentialing body.