Gain the education and experience you need to take on leadership, clinical, and educator roles as a doctorally prepared advance practice specialty nurse. The online Doctor of Nursing Practice specializing in Nursing Leadership prepares professional nurses for advanced administrative positions.
Bachelor’s-prepared nurses can achieve a terminal degree in nursing practice with the DNP degree. Students in this online nursing administration degree program from Troy University receive one-on-one mentoring from a faculty member who will help them navigate the requirements of the program.
Courses cover a range of topics, including:
- Healthcare informatics and leadership
- Healthcare systems
- Leadership in organizations and systems
- Policy and politics in healthcare
- Healthcare economics
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Troy University is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Interview, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV
- A Master of Science in Nursing is required from a nationally-accredited program.
- Applicants must have a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the state where clinical practice will occur.
- Applicants must have valid certification in advanced practice nursing from a nationally recognized credentialing body.