Individuals interested in working in the helping professions can apply to the online bachelor’s in Social Work degree program through Troy University. Students will gain a core understanding of human behavior in the social environment, social work skills, and research in the field of social work.
The curriculum includes an emphasis on evidence-based assessment and case management. Students will have the opportunity to have direct contact with a practicing social worker as they explore the knowledge, skills, and values necessary for effective practice. A practicum experience allows students to practice professional skills in a social service agency under the joint supervision of a faculty member and agency supervisor.
Students in the Social Work program will study topics including:
- Professional communication skills
- Human behavior in the social environment
- Social policy and planning
- Social work with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities
- Graduate of regionally accredited and/or state-approved high school and/or GED equivalent
- 2.0 GPA
- Official transcripts
Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges