Graduate Certificate in Nursing Administration
Thomas Edison State University
The Nursing Administration Certificate program is designed for experienced RNs with a master’s in nursing in another area of nursing specialty who want to develop the knowledge and skills needed to practice as a nurse administrator in healthcare settings. The program includes three theory courses and two practicums for a total of 15 credits. The student will select a healthcare setting and preceptor for the practicums. The same facility will used as the site for both practicums.
On completion of the Nursing Administration Certificate Program the graduate will be able to:
- utilize systems thinking to lead and manage complex healthcare organizations
- provide leadership in the professional design of nursing care grounded in ethical, multicultural, and professional standards and healthcare policy
- utilize financial, material, human, and environmental resources to benefit nursing divisions in complex healthcare organizations
- use information management systems to facilitate organizational decision making
- demonstrate communication skills and relationship building competencies to support organizational goals
- demonstrate leadership in the professional community
- integrate best evidence to provide quality nursing care and promote improvement in healthcare outcomes
- use an interdisciplinary approach to execute nursing administration practice
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Applicants must have earned a MSN degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- An evaluation of the applicant's graduate educational work from a regionally accredited college or university. All applicants must have a MSN degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- An assessment of the applicant's personal statements, essays and two letters of reference.
- Relevance of work experience and career objectives to the program objectives. Two years of work experience is recommended. A resume is required.
- Have a current RN license valid in the United States.
Thomas Edison State University has a national reputation for academic excellence and educational integrity. The University is one of New Jersey's 11 senior public institutions of higher education and one of the first schools in the country designed specifically for adults. The University provides flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning opportunities for self-directed adults and offers degree programs and certificates in more than 100 areas of study.
Thomas Edison State University's flexible learning methods range from online courses and prior learning assessment to credit transfer and credit-bearing exams. We offer undergraduate and graduate programs, and professional certificates tailored to the needs of adults, whether it is for professional advancement or personal fulfillment. Named for the famous American inventor who acquired knowledge outside of the traditional classroom, Thomas Edison State University provides higher education for adults with higher expectations.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Thomas Edison State University
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.