The Master of Arts in Educational Leadership serves adults who wish to prepare for roles as school and district leaders. The program is offered completely online and aims to promote an understanding of educational leadership and administration through a process which is based upon the national ISLLC standards. These standards have been identified as critical to successful school leadership. The six standards are: vision, school culture, management, community collaboration, integrity-fairness and ethical action, and political, social, economic, legal and cultural influences. Enrollment in the MA in Educational Leadership program is limited to accepted and matriculated students.
Student may select from three areas of study within the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership degree program:
- Building Leadership, a 36-credit program that prepares graduates to earn supervisor and principal endorsements.
- District Leadership, a 42-credit program that prepares graduates to earn supervisor, principal and school administrator endorsements.
- School Business Administration, a 36-credit program that prepares graduates to earn school business administrator endorsement.
This program requires a field-based practicum.
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official copies of all undergraduate transcripts (and graduate transcripts, if applicable)
- Minimum of three years teaching or educational services experience
- Current resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Objectives
- Current teaching, educational services or administrative certificate
- Currently be working in a K-12 setting
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education