Bachelor of Science in Nursing (2nd Degree)
Thomas Edison State University
The Accelerated 2nd Degree BSN Program at Thomas Edison State University in New Jersey is a 12-month Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program designed for adults who have earned a bachelor's degree (non-nursing) completed prior to acceptance and who are interested in becoming registered nurses. This is an intense, full-time program that prepares graduates for the National Council Licensure Exam for RNs (NCLEX). Due to the rigorous nature of this full-time program, outside employment is not permitted.
- Program includes 60 general education credits (earned prior to acceptance into the program) and 60 credits of professional nursing courses (completed via online and classroom-based courses at Thomas Edison State University).
- Clinical experiences are held at Capital Health, a state-of-the-art, technologically advanced, Magnet-designated facility in Trenton, N.J. and Hopewell, N.J.; Clinical courses are also held at Capital Health
- (parking available).
- Asynchronous online courses
- Opportunity for employment in nursing upon graduation
- Class size limited to 40 highly motivated adult, independent learners
- Program offered in four 12-week terms
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: Yes
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- A bachelor's degree (non-nursing) from a regionally accredited college or university completed prior to acceptance.
- An earned cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the previous degree.
- All science prerequisites completed within five years prior to the start of the program
- Grade of B on all prerequisite science and statistics courses.
- Completed general education and nursing prerequisites prior to full acceptance into the program.
- The ability to meet all essential requirements of the clinical program.
- A grade of B or better in any prior nursing courses.
- Criminal background check, drug screen, health and immunization verification, malpractice and health insurance, and CPR certification are required after acceptance.
- Personal statement
- Two recommendations (academic and professional)
Thomas Edison State University has a national reputation for academic excellence and educational integrity. The University is one of New Jersey's 11 senior public institutions of higher education and one of the first schools in the country designed specifically for adults. The University provides flexible, high-quality, collegiate learning opportunities for self-directed adults and offers degree programs and certificates in more than 100 areas of study.
Thomas Edison State University's flexible learning methods range from online courses and prior learning assessment to credit transfer and credit-bearing exams. We offer undergraduate and graduate programs, and professional certificates tailored to the needs of adults, whether it is for professional advancement or personal fulfillment. Named for the famous American inventor who acquired knowledge outside of the traditional classroom, Thomas Edison State University provides higher education for adults with higher expectations.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Thomas Edison State University
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.