Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
Thomas Edison State University
In addition, graduates of the Cybersecurity program will possess the skills and knowledge required to:
- Assess and apply cybersecurity principles, tools and methods to defend information systems against cyber threats.
- Protect an organization's critical information infrastructure by applying cybersecurity design best practices and technologies to prevent and mitigate cyber attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement and administer networks in a secure manner by integrating network defense technologies, monitoring tools and measures.
- Evaluate the hardware and software components of a computing environment and apply security best practices to install, configure and manage modern operating systems.
- Implement fundamental security principles and techniques in developing secure programs.
- Apply database security models and best practices in the design and development of database management systems.
- Analyze and navigate policy, legal, ethical and compliance aspects of cybersecurity.
- An adult 21 years of age or older
- A high school graduate or have successfully passed a GED test
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education