The Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree program in Communications prepares adults for career change, advancement or graduate education, while providing personal enrichment. The program explores the various aspects of creating, transmitting and analyzing messages which flow among individuals, groups, organizations and societies. Students may focus on communications courses relating to oral communications and/or mass media communications. Students develop a broad general knowledge of the traditional liberal arts disciplines while developing a greater depth of knowledge in Communications.
- Discuss the concepts of mass and personal communication
- Prepare mass communication messages in the appropriate style
- Apply theories in the use and presentation of images and information
- Apply appropriate technology to the creation and dissemination of messages
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills related to a specific communications topic
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education