Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The University of West Florida
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from The University of West Florida prepares students to become clinical generalists who are leaders, managers, and lifelong learners. Students learn to integrate research findings into nursing practice and sharpen their skills in the areas of critical thinking, communication, independent judgement, and familiarity with social, political, cultural, ethical, and economic issues that affect health care and the nursing professional. Coursework explores topics such as:
- Health Assessment and Promotion
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Public Health
- Health Education
- Law & Ethics in Nursing
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The RN to BSN program requires 124 credits for completion, including transfer and major requirements.
- Nursing curriculum: 32 credit hours
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree from a community college
- Minimum overall GPA 2.75 on 4.0 scale
- Current unencumbered United States RN license in the state(s) student will reside while completing any portion of the nursing coursework
- Military spouses holding a valid U.S. registered nursing license and stationed at an overseas U.S. base may be considered for admission
- Submission of a departmental application
- Submission of professional liability insurance declaration page, the RN-BSN Handbook acknowledgment signature page, and signed departmental acceptance form
- If requested, satisfactory completion of Level 2 criminal background check, VECHS fingerprint, and drug screen through the selected provider
The University of West Florida, also known as UWF, is a public university located on a 1,600 acre campus in Pensacola, Florida, and was founded in 1967. UWF is Northwest Florida’s only regional comprehensive four year university, and is a research university that specializes in the humanities and engineering. UWF is a member of the State University System of Florida, and is the State University System’s third largest campus. The mission of UWF is "to give students access to top quality, relevant, affordable educational experiences, and to use teaching, research, public service and scholarship to transmit, discover and apply knowledge."
UWF offers associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees from the following academic units:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Professional Studies
- College of Business
UWF also has an online campus that offers undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs that are offered entirely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.