Master of Science in Nursing
The University of West Florida
The online MSN degree program from The University of West Florida prepares professional nurses for leadership, advanced nursing roles, and doctoral studies. Students may customize their education to suit their personal interests and professional goals by selecting one of the following specializations:
- Leadership and Management - Students build the skills, knowledge, and leadership capabilities they need to move into executive positions such as case management, nursing informatics, quality improvement, risk management, and more.
- Education - Students dive deeply into content areas and learn instructional strategies and curriculum design skills that prepare them to meet the high demand for educators of tomorrow's nurses.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- An earned Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an NLN- or CCNE-accredited nursing program with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale OR a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of coursework on the BSN
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of "C" or better
- Submission of letter of intent addressing how an MSN will help you attain your professional and personal goals
- Three professional/academic recommendation letters
- Possess a current unencumbered Registered Nurse license to practice nursing in a state or territory of the United States
- Current curriculum vitae (CV) / résumé
- Approval by the Nursing Department Graduate Admissions Committee
- Students who, for academic or disciplinary reasons, are not eligible to register in the college or university last attended will not be admitted for graduate study
- Express Admission Students are required to become licensed as a registered nurse to practice in a state or territory of the United States by the end of the first semester of enrollment to progress in the program
- Upon admission, students must complete all documents for a background check (contact Nursing Department for details)
The University of West Florida, also known as UWF, is a public university located on a 1,600 acre campus in Pensacola, Florida, and was founded in 1967. UWF is Northwest Florida’s only regional comprehensive four year university, and is a research university that specializes in the humanities and engineering. UWF is a member of the State University System of Florida, and is the State University System’s third largest campus. The mission of UWF is "to give students access to top quality, relevant, affordable educational experiences, and to use teaching, research, public service and scholarship to transmit, discover and apply knowledge."
UWF offers associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees from the following academic units:
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Professional Studies
- College of Business
UWF also has an online campus that offers undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs that are offered entirely online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.