Master of Science in Nursing / Nursing Education
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The online MSN / Nursing Education degree program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley prepares students to meet the needs of a diverse student population in a variety of roles in nursing education, including patient educator, as well as the educator role in clinical and academic settings. Graduates are able to:
- Use evidence in educational design, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for classroom and clinical teaching
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing science and learning theory to demonstrate leadership and innovation in teaching
- Employ instructional strategies that recognize the diverse learner
- Implement assessment and evaluation methods in a variety of learning environments
- Analyze the teaching, scholarship, and service roles of the nurse educator
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- BS in Nursing or an ADN and other baccalaureate degree plus the successful completion of Transition to Graduate Nursing course.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Successful completion of undergraduate statistics course.
- Holding an unencumbered license as a registered nurse in their state of residence.
- Criminal background check.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) was created by the Texas Legislature in 2013 as the first major public university of the 21st century in Texas. This transformative initiative provided the opportunity to expand educational opportunities in the Rio Grande Valley, including a new School of Medicine, and made it possible for residents of the region to benefit from the Permanent University Fund – a public endowment contributing support to the University of Texas System and other institutions. UTRGV, a comprehensive academic institution, enrolled its first class in the fall of 2015, and the School of Medicine welcomed its first class in the summer of 2016.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.