Master of Science in Nursing / Nursing Education
The online MSN / Nursing Education degree program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley prepares students to meet the needs of a diverse student population in a variety of roles in nursing education, including patient educator, as well as the educator role in clinical and academic settings. Graduates are able to:
- Use evidence in educational design, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for classroom and clinical teaching
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing science and learning theory to demonstrate leadership and innovation in teaching
- Employ instructional strategies that recognize the diverse learner
- Implement assessment and evaluation methods in a variety of learning environments
- Analyze the teaching, scholarship, and service roles of the nurse educator
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$444.44
Out of State Rate:$444.44
Additional Fees :$32.00
Fees Overview :
- Graduation Fee (one-time): $32
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$16,476.28
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$16,476.28
International Students Accepted:Yes
- BS in Nursing or an ADN and other baccalaureate degree plus the successful completion of Transition to Graduate Nursing course.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Successful completion of undergraduate statistics course.
- Holding an unencumbered license as a registered nurse in their state of residence.
- Criminal background check.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.