Master of Science in Nursing / Nursing Administration
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The online MSN / Nursing Administration degree program from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is designed to empower students to demonstrate leadership in the application of interventions and technology related to policy, research, finance, organization, hospital administration, and health care management. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Apply theories from behavioral, natural, social, and applied sciences to their nursing practice
- Use the research process to define clinical research problems with application to evidence-based practice
- Understand and apply cost analysis, strategic planning in budgeting, and marketing and forecasting across a variety of health care settings
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- BS in Nursing or an ADN and other baccalaureate degree plus the successful completion of Transition to Graduate Nursing course.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Successful completion of undergraduate statistics course.
- Holding an unencumbered license as a registered nurse in their state of residence.
- Criminal background check.
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) was created by the Texas Legislature in 2013 as the first major public university of the 21st century in Texas. This transformative initiative provided the opportunity to expand educational opportunities in the Rio Grande Valley, including a new School of Medicine, and made it possible for residents of the region to benefit from the Permanent University Fund – a public endowment contributing support to the University of Texas System and other institutions. UTRGV, a comprehensive academic institution, enrolled its first class in the fall of 2015, and the School of Medicine welcomed its first class in the summer of 2016.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.