The online RN to BSN degree completion program from The University of Texas Medical Branch recognizes the skills and accomplishments of nurses who have been trained at the associate degree level and offers a streamlined educational approach for the working nurse to earn their bachelor's degree. Coursework focuses on topics such as:
- Evidence Based Practice
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- Community and Population Based Care
- Leading and Managing in Nursing
- Clinical Reasoning in Health Assessment
This bachelor completion program requires a minimum of 120 credits for completion, including transfer credits.
- RN to BSN track: 30 hours
- A minimum of 40 of the 60 hours of prerequisites must be completed (All prerequisites must be completed at an accredited college or university.)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Current (active), valid, unencumbered license or multi-state privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the state(s) in which the student participates in any clinical learning experiences
Students must attend two days on campus for school orientation.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges