Master of Science in Nursing
The University of Texas at Arlington
The online MSN degree program from The University of Texas at Arlington prepares students to advance their careers and take their nursing practice from bedside focused hospital care to caring for the overall health of patients at all points within the lifespan. The program features these key elements:
- Intensive training in evidence-based primary care practice specific to the health management needs of patients and families at each stage of life
- Specialized knowledge in the areas of pharmacology, diagnostics, health assessment, advanced research, and clinical management
- Clinical experiences in the student's local area that fully prepare them to assume roles as advanced practice primary care nurses
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- GRE not required for students with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Graduate School requires that the BSN come from a university that is regionally accredited. The College requires that the Nursing program be CCNE or ACEN accredited.
- Undergraduate (basic) statistics course with a minimum grade of "C".
- Probationary admission for students taking the GRE: GRE required for applicants with a 2.8-2.99 GPA with minimum score of 149 on the verbal section, 141 on the quantitative section, or 3.5 on the analytical writing section (best 2 of 3 sections).
- Applicants must possess an unencumbered RN license.
- Two years clinical experience in registered nursing strongly recommended.
- International students are required to have two years clinical experience in a United States (or equivalent) health care system.
Residents of these states are not eligible to enroll in this program: Alaska, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, and Washington.
fThe University of Texas at Arlington is a public research university located in Arlington, Texas. The school was founded in 1895 as Arlington College and served primarily as a military academy during the early 20th century. The school spent many years in the Texas A&M System but later switched to the University of Texas System in 1965. Since its establishment, UT Arlington has grown into the second largest university in the UT System.
The university contains more than 180 degree programs within 12 colleges and schools which include the following:
- School of Architecture
- College of Engineering
- College of Liberal Arts
- School of Social Work
- College of Business
- College of Nursing
- University College
- College of Education & Health Professions
- Honors College
- College of Science
- School of Urban & Public Affairs
- Graduate School
The Center for Distance Education offers bachelor's degree completion programs online, as well as many courses wihtin other programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.