The University of Texas at Arlington offers an online Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction with a concentration in Literacy Studies. The program offers advanced coursework to meet the learning needs of practicing educators in reading and literacy studies. Students can also pursue certifications in Reading Specialist, English as a Second Language, or Master Reading Teacher.
- GRE quantitative score of 400 on quantitative and 500 on verbal section of the GRE for tests taken on or before July 31, 2011; GRE score of 140 on quantitative and 153 on verbal sections for tests taken on or after August 1, 2011.
- 3.0 GPA during the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework and a 3.0 average on all graduate work
- 3.0 GPA during the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework AND a 3.0 average on all graduate work
- Professionally relevant experience
- Writing sample evaluated by the COEHP Graduate
- Studies Committee. When available, the GRE writing sample will be required for probationary admission.
- Terms of Probation upon Acceptance: All students admitted under probation status will be required to earn a 3.0 GPA during the first 12 hours of graduate coursework in the program, with no grade lower than a "B."
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges