M.S. in Educational Psychology
The University of Tennessee-Knoxville
The Master of Science Degree in Educational Psychology is designed for professionals working in school settings, colleges and universities, and business and government, as well as those preparing for work in related areas. Courses for this degree are offered online through distance education.
The program requires 36 hours of non-thesis coursework and a comprehensive examination. Students take 24 hours of core courses and choose from two concentrations for 12 additional hours in either Adult Education or Applied Educational Psychology. This program focuses on concepts, principles, techniques, and models of educational psychology as they are used to facilitate teaching and learning and the creation of effective classroom environments for learners of all ages.
The concentration includes traditional themes in educational psychology (human development, learning principles, assessment, and psychoeducational intervention). The concentration may be used as a stepping stone for entering a doctoral program in educational or school psychology or as an additional preparation for functioning in an educational role in schools, mental health centers, and business programs devoted to personal and professional development.
Courses offered via distance education for the Educational Psychology (EdPsych Online) program are taught by faculty with esteemed national and international reputations. The degree can be completed in two years by taking two courses per semester year round.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the appropriate regional accrediting agency. A foreign degree must be equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's degree and must be accredited by its regional or national accreditation agency.
- U.S. Degree holders must have earned a 2.7 out of a possible 4.0 GPA or a minimum of 3.0 during the senior year of undergraduate study. Foreign degree holders must have earned a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or other equivalent to a 'B' average. If you have completed previous graduate course work, you must have a grade-point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or equivalent. In addition to the minimum requirements established by the Graduate Council, most graduate programs require a higher GPA.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores. To be fully admitted, applicants must submit a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL; 80 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on the IELTS. Applicants may be eligible for English Proficiency Conditional Admission.
The University of Tennessee is a public, 4-year, land-grant university headquartered in the city of Knoxville, Tennessee. The school is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the country and was founded in 1794. During the Civil War, the school was considered to be the bastion of Union sympathies and the school suffered major structural damage during the Battle of Fort Sanders. Additional campuses were built and the UT University System was created in 1968. Today, University of Tennessee in Knoxville is the flagship institution of the statewide University of Tennessee system.
The school offers bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from the following colleges:
- Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Design
- Arts and Sciences
- Business Administration
- Communication and Information
- Health, Education, and Human Sciences
- Social Work
- Veterinary Medicine
- University of Tennessee Space Institute (UTSI)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.