The University of Alabama offers the online MA in Health Studies with a concentration in Health Promotion. This program is designed for individuals who lead a healthy lifestyle and wish to bring that passion to his or her workplace. Students will learn how to help individuals, groups and communities achieve their health goals. Whether you currently work or want to work in a corporate office, fitness facility, hospital, school, nonprofit organization or another area, this concentration can equip you to lead others toward a healthy lifestyle.
The following courses are offered in the program:
- Organization and Implementation of Health Education and Health Promotion Programs
- Evaluation in Health Education
- Advances in Health Promotion
- Health Promotion Techniques
- Techniques of Research
- Health Behavior
- and more
Students will learn to effectively plan, implement and evaluate health education and promotion programs.
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcripts of all college coursework
- Three letters of recommendation
- An acceptable MAT or GRE score, if GPA is less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges