Doctor of Nursing Practice
The online practice-focused DNP degree program from The University of Alabama is designed to prepare graduates at the highest level in specialty practice or to assume leadership positions in health care. The curriculum focuses on:
- Providing care to populations and communities with an emphasis on improving quality and access to underserved and diverse populations
- Advocating for reasonable, rational, and data driven health regulations, standards, and practices
- Sustaining collaborative and strategic relationships
- Promoting innovative, effective health care programs
- Forming partnerships with diverse groups to address health disparities
Delivery Format:Mostly Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$375.00
Out of State Rate:$375.00
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$15,000.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$15,000.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Current unencumbered RN licensure in a state currently approved for admission.
- A master's degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing in an advanced nursing practice area (nurse practitioner, clinical nurse specialist, nurse midwife or nurse anesthetist). Individuals who have a master's degree in nursing in an area other than advanced practice may request to have their application evaluated to determine if they meet requirements for admission to the DNP program. These individuals, upon admission, may require additional coursework prior to beginning actual DNP courses.
- Advanced practice national certification or eligibility to sit for advanced practice national certification (must pass specific certification exam prior to completing 12 credit hours of DNP coursework).
- A 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 system in a completed graduate degree program.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.