The Sage Colleges offer the online Graduate Certificate Dietetic Internship. This certificate specializes in preparing future dietitians in clinical, food service management, and community nutrition. Students are exposed to the diversity of dietetic practice through multiple planned experiences. Drawing upon a variety of resources and professionals, students will work with registered dietitians and other healthcare professionals in a variety of settings.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Nutrition Research: Interpretation and Communication
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Dietetic Internship Practicums
Students have the option of applying this certificate to a master’s degree in Applied Nutrition or Health Services Administration.
- Requires attendance of three-day orientation on campus
- Completion of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements by date of admission
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum overall GPA 3.0 with minimum GPA of 3.2 for DPD Professional GPA and DPD Science GPA
- DPD Science GPA of 3.2 preferred
- Work experience in nutrition, dietetics, or food service is desirable, but not required
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education