The online MSHS in Translational Microbiology is a non-clinical program ideal for individuals who hold national certification (CLS/MLS/MT, Microbiology) or do not wish to become certified. In this comprehensive program, students will gain both theoretical knowledge and practical skills regarding the pathogenic mechanisms of infectious agents, research methodologies, and healthcare leadership. Upon completion, graduates will be prepared to lead research in hospital labs or biotechnology companies or rise to management or supervisory positions in diverse laboratory settings.
MSHS IN TRANSLATIONAL MICROBIOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS
- Strategic Leadership-Focus: Understand the intricacies of managing and leading a business unit by developing an integrated strategic plan and honing your critical-thinking skills.
- Practice-Based Faculty: Learn from seasoned professionals within the field of laboratory sciences, including those who have conducted research concerning mycobacterium tuberculosis, diabetes, and biothreat agent characterization.
- Independent Capstone: Apply the knowledge you’ve gained to complete an independent, mentored project that demonstrates your new skills to industry professionals.
- No On-Campus Residency: The MSHS in Translational Microbiology does not require an on-campus residency or practicum.
- No GRE Required: The School of Medicine and Health Sciences programs do not require a GRE for admissions.
- Flexibility and Convenience: You lead a busy life. With flexible online courses, you can fit your degree into your schedule.
- Graduates of this program gain the skills and experience necessary to pursue a variety of career options including:
- Biotechnology or Government Research Associate
- Microbiology Laborator
- GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, or a related science (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) from a regionally accredited institution
- National certification as a Technologist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Students with other certifications should contact the program office for eligibility criteria
- For international students, submit your official score of one of the following exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education